Monday, May 8, 2017

Happy Mother's Day!

Zone  picture with Sis. Bangerter while waiting for interviews with Pres.

Oi-
I apologize but this will be short this week. A lot going on as usual - even crazier than usual! haha   Feliz Dia das Mães! (Happy Mother's Day) to all the mothers especially to my dear mother. I hope you all have a great week and are spoiled by your families. You deserve it. Also to all my missionary friends enjoy talking to your moms! Moms we love you and thanks for supporting us!
Lunch with Sister Araujo
Well we had a pretty good week. Teaching is going okay. We had interviews with President this week and that is always good. They seem to get quicker as the mission goes on and we don't get as much time with him. I enjoy the time I do get to talk to him though. Things are going well in the district too. Transfers are next week so we will see what happens. I have been here 6 months so I think I will be moving but who knows.

Miguel, a son of a member, who calls Elder Davis Tio (uncle) most of the time
Time is flying and I will officially hit my year mark next month but depending on Visa stuff they say we may be sent home a little earlier than the end of June. They are a little anxious about getting everyone out before Visas expire because Brazil is pretty uptight about it. I went to Piracicaba to renew mine about a couple weeks ago. Also it depends on people coming in and transfer dates so we will have to see how it goes as the time gets closer. I have thought about extending but there is slim chance of that happening I think because of the Visa hassle. Hard to believe it has almost been a year!
Elder Hugo - was transferred out of Elder Davis' district last transfer.

With Elder Almeida (former AP now ZL) and Elder Ricarte (ZL)

With Elder Mitchell - one of the office elders. 

Sister Pastore went home last transfer and was back to visit.
Attached are a few pictures that I did not get uploaded last week. Some are from a ward activity, others with missionary friends at the meeting with Sister Marriott and then one or two with members.
Ward Activity - Gospel Jeopardy 

Ward Activity with Ricardo, Alex, Ranna & Raihnner
I am so grateful for this time here in the mission. I am thankful for the experiences and growth I have been blessed with. At times I feel I have grown more in this past year than in the entire first 19 years of my life. I am grateful for the wonderful people of Brazil and the opportunity I have to serve them as I serve the Lord. I love this gospel and the Plan of Salvation. I love my Savior and I am thankful for His hand in my life. I testify of His love for us. He lives. He loves each of us. Share His love and light. Have a great week.

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment