Monday, May 22, 2017

First Week In São João da Boa Vista

The District in São João da Boa Vista

Bom Dia-
First week in São João da Boa Vista and man was the week good! Was a bit slow because of opening the area but we got to know some members and I am starting to get the hang of the area. We plan on making this zone SIAO (Zion)! This pást week we worked super hard on finding new people to teach. We have been working with members and going through the area book. One person we found in the area book was a guy named Wendel. He had been contacted by some missionaries quite a while ago but we thought we would follow up with him. After talking with him we set up a date to go visit him and we had a couple awesome lessons with him this past week. He is a great guy and is very spiritual. He is really sensitive to the spirit and is not afraid to show or express it as he feels it. He is a solid guy! He came to church on Sunday and loved it. He set the date of June 3rd to be baptized and we are working hard to get him prepared for that.

On the bus with Elder Ricarte, Sister Costa and Sister Silva leaving Hortlandia
 At the bus station in Piracicaba with those getting transferred from my zone
Some other great news Samara and Noé from JD Amanda (my last area) got baptized this past week! I am so very happy for them! I wish I could have been there, missed it by 4 days, but I am grateful I was able to teach them and watch them progress to this point. There is nothing like seeing people come unto Christ and make covenants with God that will change their lives for eternity.

We went to Poços de Caldas this past week! We did a division and I was with Elder Kleinkauff (he is Brazilian even though his name is German). He is one of the other Elders that lives in the house where I live now - there are two companionships in our house. We went to Poços to do a baptism interview for the ZLs and man did I think I was going to die! haha Poços is a city in the middle of mountains. I felt like I was mountain climbing all day long! Joking around they asked me if I brought rock climbing equipment. It is a super cool city though. The church was beautiful, it was set high up on the hill.

Poços de Caldas

The view of  the city of Poços de Caldas from near the church building.

The church in Poços de Caldas 
Dinner at a member's home in Poços da Caldas with Elder Ricarte (LZ), Xavier (traveling AP) Christensen (LZ) and  Elder Kleinkauff

I held my first district meeting and I have a great district. We are going to do our best to make this district the best district in the mission. Everyone was smiling and excited - that is always a great way to get off to a good start. I attached a picture of the district for you. I will take more pictures this next week of my area for you guys!

Just quickly I wanted to share some good counsel from King Benjamin in Mosiah 4:30.
".... watch yourselves, and your thoughts, and your words, and your deeds, and observe the commandments of God, and continue in the faith of what ye have heard concerning the coming of our Lord, even unto the end of your lives...remember, and perish not."
So important to constantly remember it is not only what we do that matters but what we think and say is just as important. That is what forms who we are and ultimately says who we are. We cannot claim to be something on the outside that we aren't on the inside. Let's be examples and witnesses of Him in thought, word and deed.
Love you all and hope that you have a great week!

Elder Davis
Actually have a Subway in our area - with Elder Castro, Elder Kleinkauff, Elder Bahia

Graffiti in our area

No comments:

Post a Comment