Monday, May 29, 2017

Let Him In

FHE with José and Aline's family
Oi família e amigos-
Hope everyone has had a great week. My week was good. Opening the area and basically starting from ground zero has been tough but we are working hard and getting there. At night when we get home we are beat but it is a good kind of tired! We are working hard to build up our teaching pool still and also trying to get to know the members so we can work with them more effectively. We had a great FHE with the family of José and Aline this past week. They invited the other elders too so they were able to come also. I love the Brasilian people and love serving them. They have such generous hearts. Our district and zone are great. This is supposedly one of the toughest areas of the mission but I have faith and hope that great things will come as we work hard.

My district with the LZs
This is going to be short today. But I do want to share my testimony with you. It is simple but I cherish it and am so thankful for it. I know Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He lives. He is our Savior, our Redeemer, and our brother. He is also my best friend and I hope He is yours too. He will always be there in any situation we find ourselves in to support, love, cherish, safeguard, protect and strengthen us but ONLY if we let Him in to our lives to do that. He will not force anyone to come unto Him. The choice is ours. His grace is sufficient for all people. He suffered for our difficulties, problems, trials and sins. He knows how we feel because He has felt that same pain. We can open up to our Heavenly Father in sacred prayer in any moment, even if it is just in thought, and from the moment you say "Heavenly Father" He is listening. It is quite incredible and maybe for some it is hard to understand but I know it is true. He always hears our prayers and will answer when we pray sincerely and with "all energy of heart". He is there to guide, love and comfort us. I know that through the Plan of Salvation and Gospel of Jesus Christ we are able to have true happiness and live with our families for eternities in the presence of our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I look forward to that day.

Hope you all have a great week!
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment