Monday, January 22, 2018

Staying in Sumaré

PDay with the Sumaré Zone 
It was great starting off the week with the broadcast from Salt Lake and the message of the 1st Presidency. I am glad we got to watch it. It was really inspiring! I love President Nelson and all of the apostles. I support and sustain them.They are men of God and you can see it in their countenance and in their work. It is hard to believe Pres. Nelson is 93. Wow! He is an example to us all on how to take care of our mind, body and spirit. I hope that he continues with good health! He is truly an inspiring man!
Catching lunch with Adriano. So happy for him and Samara!
Last Monday Adriano a good friend and one of our converts from Hortlandia surprised me with a visit here in Sumaré. It was awesome to see him and spend some time with him. He truly is like a brother to me. He told me the exciting news that he and Samara will be sealed in the temple in February. President said I will be able to go which will be so great! One of the greatest blessings of my mission has been seeing Adriano baptized then married and now being sealed. I am truly grateful and so happy for him and his family.

We visited Cleodenice this past week. We had a baptism date marked with her but she is getting a lot of opportunities to work and she is taking advantage of every opportunity. That is good but it also is kind of getting in the way of meeting with her but it will all work out. She is a great person and so ready to learn.

We have also been visiting Pedro. He is another person that works 24/7 if he can so sometimes its hard to find him in his house to teach but we finally got in contact with him. We invited him to come to stake conference this week. He came and brought his girlfriend. He has been to church a couple times now and our lessons with him are going great. We have truly started to see our work with the wonderful members of Amizade Sumaré come into place.

Transfers were this week. I will be staying here - I will have three transfers here in Sumaré. My companion will be Elder A. Silva. He is a DL in my zone who will now be a ZL. I look forward to working hard with him and learning from him!
With Renato's Family saying goodbye to Elder Araujo

With Elder Conceição

With Elder Hermínio of our zone
I wanted to share a spiritual thought. In Moroni 10:8-23 Christ speaks of gifts we have all be given. It says specifically in verse 17-18 that ALL good gifts come by the Spirit of Christ and are given to each one of us, individually, according to our will.
"And all these gifts come by the Spirit of Christ; and they come unto every man severally, according as he will. And I would exhort you, my beloved brethren, that ye remember that every good gift cometh of Christ."
They have been given to us but it is required of us to search and develop them.And it says unto each man they have come "severally", we all can be blessed with many talents we just need to put in the work for them and pray/fast diligently to find them. Sometimes they are very evident and sometimes it takes a little searching. Usually it requires being willing to be outside of our comfort zone. But as we magnify and use the gifts we have, then the Lord will not only bless us to develop them to a greater level but also give us opportunities to develop other gifts. I have seen this in myself on my mission. But if we do nothing with them they will be taken away as it tells us in the parable of talents in the Bible. So as we start this new year remember several talents can be yours as you work diligently to find and then use them in righteousness. I am thankful for the opportunities I have been given to grow and for the talents the Lord is helping me to develop. I love my Savior and am grateful for this time I get to serve as His disciple. Hope you all have a great week!

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment