Monday, January 8, 2018

Miracle on 2nd Street

Baptism of Caroline and Leandro

How can you describe a week of just miracles? Miracle on 2nd Street? Because it was just that! haha We have some investigators that live on Street 2 of Virigilio Viel (the neighborhood). Their names are Caroline and Leandro and they have a daughter Angelica who is 5 years old. They got baptized this past week! Pretty awesome! I am so very happy for them. They are growing so fast, learning so much and loving it. We all felt such a strong spirit during their baptismal service and the ordinance. They are super special. This week also was a blessing on the zone Sumaré; everyone had the opportunity to mark baptismal dates this week for the end of the transfer! The Lord's has blessed us immensely in finding those who are seeking Him.

Every week we have experiences great and small that make me realize the Lord is there and mindful of us. He is merciful. He is loving and He is all-knowing. Our investigator Cleonice that we started teaching this past week had a lot of questions and a strong desire to be about doing good. She told us she had left her church because no one wanted to work! She felt that not just certain people should be doing the Lord's work that everybody should be involved. so she asked if she could go out with the sisters of the church and visit people to make them stronger and give a message to them to help. We jumped right in there and said we had a message that would help her accomplish just that that she was wanting to do. So what do you know, Cleonice comes to church on Sunday! I went to the Relief Society President, Lúcia, and I told her about Cleonice and asked if she could talk to her about the things she was asking about (including visiting teachers) at some moment during or after the class. You know what she said? "How great is the Lord, am I right Elder? Our class today is about visits and visiting teachers. How we can strengthen the Spirits of others as well as our own along the way of life." Pretty awesome! It is a small miracle but it is a reminder that the Lord is always aware of His children and what they need. It also reminds us to follow promptings because what we do and say may be what someone has been praying for or needs. As I said, The Lord is loving and all-knowing!

President Monson passed away this week as you all know. As I thought about Him and his passing, my thoughts were not sad but instead were thoughts of the many good things that he did for us and for the world as a prophet of God. He was and is a great man who served the Lord and everyone with all He had. He held nothing back. I remember when I went with my family to my first session of General Conference when I was about 12 and they played "We Thank Thee O God for a Prophet" when he walked in to take his seat, everyone stood and the whole Conference Center became quiet. I felt the Spirit so strongly. I knew then He was a prophet of God. I turned to my mom and said "Did you feel that?" She was already crying of course. But that is an experience I will never forget. I am thankful for him and for who he was and the example he set on how to serve the Lord. I pray for comfort for his family. I also pray for the 12 apostles. I know that they will have guidance they need to guide the church in this time.

Thank you all for the prayers, support and love you all show me, I really do appreciate it and I can feel it strengthening me every day.

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment