Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Happy New Year

Christmas Multizone with Elders Toebe, Dickson, Mitchell, Hainsworth, Silva, Christensen and Sister Ribeiro
Happy New Year! Sorry I wasn't able to write an email last week. We had a leadership meeting in Piracicaba on Wednesday so I traveled there on Tuesday which was P-Day because of Christmas on Monday. Hope everyone had a great Christmas!
With Elder Cifuentes! Miss this guy! What a super comp. he was!
With Elder Kleinkauff, Sisters Nascimiento & Costa from my old Zone in Sao Joao da Boa Vista

With Elder Almeida

With Sister Peres
It is rainy season again - with Sister Januario 
Anyway the past two weeks were good! How can last week not be super, with it starting with Christmas Eve and ending with New Years Eve. How cool was that! It was super great to talk to the family on Skype and to see them finally! How great is the joy we receive from our families right? Heavenly Father is so merciful in that He blesses us each with a special family and with wonderful moments that we share with them to cherish for the rest of our lives and beyond. All that ties us and binds us together with our families and with our Savior and Heavenly Father. I am so grateful for eternal families.

Baptism of Rayssa with Bishop Alves and Elder Aruajo

Christmas Dinner with the Oliviera Family and Mayara
"Felz Natal" Photo from Multizone
Christmas was great. It is always a special time to remember Christ and His ministry but feels even more incredible when you are a missionary. We had a baptism on the 23rd and that made it even more amazing. I am grateful I had the opportunity to pass another Christmas as a representative of Jesus Christ. It truly is amazing to be a representative of Jesus Christ and focus on only His work each day. It is great to feel His spirit guiding us and to feel a little of how He felt when He was here on earth preaching His gospel. I am thankful for the gospel and the scriptures that tell us of His life and the true path He showed each of us that we need to follow to have His spirit. Each day I feel humbled and honored to carry His word to those that are in need of comfort and who are seeking purpose and truth. This Christmas season we worked hard as a companionship to teach with the powerful spirit of Christmas. To help others ponder on what they want to accomplish in life and what gifts are most important and how they can have the spirit of Christ or Christmas every day. I know that it is only through Christ that real changes can happen and our will to do good is strengthened. He leads us from bad to good and from good to better. It is only through letting Him and His gospel into our hearts that we have a true change of heart and miracles happen in our lives. I want you to know that I love Jesus Christ. He is my Brother, my Savior, my Redeemer and my Rock. He is who will keep us strong and rooted through the storms and challenges of this life. We can always find peace in Christ even when there is not much peace in this world. He is the way, the life and the light. May we all seek to have the Spirit of Christ more fully and consistently in all of us this year. As we make goals this year I hope we all focus not only on the things of this life but what will matter in the next. I know that will truly bring us more happiness and peace as well as bring us closer to our Heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ. Thank you all for everything that each of you have done for me this past year. I love you all and wish you the best for 2018!

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment