Monday, August 7, 2017

Trust and Believe in Him

With Marco (the Ward Mission Leader) and his family
Oi-
It's been a great week! Hope everyone is doing well. It's transfer week and I am leaving Sao Joao da Boa Vista. I love the ward here and am going to miss everyone. I have only been here two transfers but I am excited for the change too. It has been super to work with Elder Kleinkauff and all the missionaries in my district so it will be hard to leave them but change is good too. I am going to Rio Claro zone as a LZ working in Limeira. My new companion is Elder Oliviera. We have 2 districts and 22 missionaries in our zone. Excited to get to work. I have a lot of visits to make today so I am going to try to make this short.
With Sister Nascimiento and Sister Jesus at their investigator's baptism


In Poços de Caldas with Christensen and Ricarte
Lot of good things happening. Ademir is doing well and making great progress. His baptism date is August 19. I won't be here for it but I am so glad he is on the path he is and making the changes he needed in his life. He has made some huge changes, really miraculous changes and he recognizes the help he has gotten as he has tried to change. He knows it is evidence that God does love him and will help him. Tuesday and Wednesday I was with my LZs RIcarte and Christensen in Poco da Caldas for divisions. That was a great couple days, I love those guys and learn a lot from them. Sister DiMartini came up to SJBV for her last week in the mission. She goes home this week and so does Sister Mendez. Both awesome missionaries - they will be missed.
Sao Joao da Boa Vista Zone minus the Elders & Sisters of Mococa

The awesome cheese market in Poços de Caldas
P-Day hike to Aguas de Prata
I wanted to share something that I heard when I recently listened to a Conference talk by Elder Eyring entitled "Walk With Me". In that talk he is talking to priesthood holders in the church and he says "if you feel a little overwhelmed, take that as a good sign. It indicates that you can sense the magnitude of the trust God has placed in you. It means that you have some small understanding of what the priesthood really is." He goes on to talk about the priesthood and how we should strive to understand it and use it to strengthen ourselves and others. Sometimes we do not recognize it but Christ is always there with us. We need to believe and trust in Him and His power which is the priesthood.
Wherever we are in the path of life we need to choose to believe and trust in Him.
"My dear brethren of the priesthood, in many ways, we are like the two disciples who walked the road to Emmaus on that first Easter Sunday. It was Resurrection morning, but they were not yet sure there was a resurrection or what resurrection even meant. They had “trusted that [Jesus of Nazareth] should have redeemed Israel,” but they were “slow of heart to believe” everything the scriptures taught about resurrection. As they walked along and tried to reason it out together, “Jesus himself drew near, and went with them. But their eyes were holden that they should not know him. I testify that when we walk the path of priesthood service, the Savior
Jesus Christ goes with us, for it is His path, His way. His light goes before us, and His angels are round about us. ”

Let's not be "slow of heart to believe" but trust in Him. Our Savior is right there with us. Have a good week.

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment