Monday, August 21, 2017

Elder Campos Visit

With Sister and Elder Campos at Missionwide Meeting
Oi todos-
Hope everyone has had a good week. My week was great. We had Elder Campos of the Seventy doing a tour of our mission . He used to be the mission president of the Belem mission here in Brasil. I got to speak with him and his wife a little after our meetings. It was pretty awesome.
Entire Mission with Elder & Sister Campos

This week we also set 6 baptism dates and had 8 people at sacrament meeting so that was super awesome! It is all going really well here in Limeira! We're working hard and we're seeing the Lord's hand in our work. The Lord is blessing us so much here and I am so thankful to Him for that. One guy we are teaching is a youth named Samuel. The lesson we had with him this week was really spiritual and I felt the spirit of the Savior so much with us in that lesson. We actually were supposed to have a lesson with his mom and her two daughters but he was there instead of them for a reason, Heavenly Father places people where we need to be sometimes. When the mom and the daughters weren't home, he let us to come in and we talked to him. He regularly does not stay and listen to the lessons. Instead he goes to his room and stays there until we leave. But this time we talked to him a bit and then he started to speak English with me so we sat and used the opportunity to get to know him by speaking in English with him. Elder Oliveira also knows English very well, almost fluently. So we're talking and Samuel opened up and started to cry as he shared with us some challenges he has. So I asked him, Do you believe in God? Do you believe in Jesus Christ? And their power to overcome any obstacle? He said yes and was very emotional. We then had a good discussion about faith, repentance and the miracles that Christ performed and can perform for us. Following that we gave a blessing to him. We then talked about baptism being a door, that change sometimes does not happen all at once but comes little by little and he must do all he can to show his faith in his actions. It went well and we all felt the spirit that night as we left. So on Sunday we look up and there he is. He never goes to church with his family but this Sunday he was there in the chapel. 9:00 a.m. His family was very impressed that he wanted to go to church. It was a very spiritual and super awesome experience. Miracles are real!
With Elder Costa
Valdir is a another man we're teaching. He is really ready for baptism. We took him to a baptism in another ward so he could see one and we almost had to hold him down so he didn't get in the font. He was ready to be baptized then and there. haha Seriously he wanted to enter. He's going to be baptized this week. He told us at church this week, "Thank you for bringing me here.Thank you very much, I was in need of this all my life. Every week I'm here 9 a.m." Was super cool to see how excited and grateful he was for the gospel. Another guy we are teaching Ronivilson came to church for the first time this week and said to us " I really like it so next week can I visit again? Or is it something you can only do once?" I was like, what!?! Sure you can! We want you to come every week!

It has been a great week and I loved every minute. Our ward is cool and works with us so much. They are really good to us. There's a sister named Mara. We fight (not really fight but you know what I mean) with the sister missionaries over who gets to go to lunch at her house more. She always bakes bread for us. She also always has a family home evening night at her house, without fail, every Monday that we can bring the people we are teaching to. I love her so much. She says that she is our mother in Limeira! haha

Lastly I want to share something I thought a lot about this week. We sang the hymn "Where Can I Turn for Peace?" at one of our meetings and as I listened to the words I thought of the people we were teaching and myself too. It can bring every one peace to know the Savior is there for all of us and made the ultimate sacrifice for all of us. It is so important that we remember when we are in our Gethsemane where we should turn.

Where can I turn for peace?
Where is my solace
When other sources cease to make me whole?
When with a wounded heart, anger, or malice,
I draw myself apart,
Searching my soul?
Where, when my aching grows
Where, when I languish,
Where, in my need to know, where can I run?
Where is the quiet hand to calm my anguish?
Who, who can understand?
He, only One.
He answers privately,
Reaches my reaching
In my Gethsemane, 
Savior and Friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind,
Love without end.

Have a great week!

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment