Monday, August 28, 2017

Know From Where Your Strength Comes



Dinner with Leticia at Bishop's House
Hey Everyone-
Wow another week has gone by! Hope everyone is doing great. The week was good but challenging. But that is life right? There are constant ups and downs which make us stretch. It is going to be a short email this week. We are meeting up with a member today so we have little time. Teaching has been going good, it is the constant thing in a mission that you are always trying to build your teaching pool. We are teaching some really good people right now. Been traveling a lot in the zone to do divisions and also interviews. I love the opportunities I have in baptismal interviews to hear and see the changes that are taking place as people make the decision to follow Christ. Some of the greatest spiritual experiences I have had have been in those interviews. I feel blessed to have come to know so many great people here in Brazil, people I have taught and people I serve with. I consider those some of the priceless blessings of my mission.
Grabbing Dinner with Elder Jackson and Sisters Ribiero, Azevedo and Janiero after Interviews
Just a quick spiritual thought. As a missionary I love reading the scripture in 3 Nephi 5:13 where Mormon says:

"Behold, I am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been called of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life."

It is a simple but powerful statement in which he testifies of Christ, his own divinity and purpose. I think it is pretty empowering when we know who we are and whose we are and what our mission is. If we can all remember those 3 things on a day to day basis when we encounter decisions or situations we are more calm and at peace and able to handle what comes our way. I hope we all can remember where our strength comes from and the real reason we are here.

Tenha uma boa semana ! (Have a great week.)

Elder Davis

Streets of Limeira



No comments:

Post a Comment