Monday, April 3, 2017

Walk with Him


With Christensen and the Office Elders
Bom Dia-
How is everyone? Shout out to mom and dad in Europe somewhere... France, Germany or Sweden not sure where today. haha As usual the week has been really busy. That is one thing you can count on in the mission being super busy. Everything is going well. I am going to have to make this a quick email today. We have a zona Pday activity so I only have a little time. Sorry about that.

Lunch with Elders Walton & Ferriera after doing interviews

Elder Costa  & Walton

I went to Piracicaba this past week with Elder Christensen. We had to go in to renew our visas. Elder Simmons from our CTM group was also there and we ran into other members of the church who were also renewing theirs. We stayed with the office Elders and were able to go out for dinner with them at Outback steakhouse, which you know I loved. haha I went on splits and worked with Elder Mitchell (one of the office Elders) while I was there. He is a pretty great guy.

With Elder McAllister getting the Visa done


Waiting to Renew our Visas
Dinner with office Elders
Working with Elder Mitchell

 Random wild hogs crossing the street

Hope everyone watched General Conference. It was so good! There were so many awesome talks about missionary work and following the promptings of the Holy Ghost.. I loved Elder Costa's talk about his conversion. At first he was not interested and then he was won over by the spirit of the scriptures and now he is an Elder in the Seventy! Wow! I wish everyone I was teaching would have been there to hear that talk. He was definitely inspired to talk to all the investigators of the church. Alot of people around the world who have questions will relate to him and his experience and will find answers to their questions through his words. I also loved Elder Rasband's experience of listening to the promptings he received as a missionary and stuck his foot in that door to ask for a second time if there was someone interested in the message they had to share. Then all the baptisms that followed after the daughter in that home listened and was baptized. It shows the importance of following the still small voice no matter how small or ridiculous it might seem, you need to recognize the guidance and follow it. As I listened to President Monson it was if he in reality was touching my heart. His talk was short but penetrated my heart so deeply. His words and spirit are always so powerful and I hope that I can always follow those words to the best of my ability. As I listened to him the memory of being twelve years old at Conference for the first time in Salt Lake and seeing him walk in came to me. I still remember that feeling I had. I had it confirmed to me then that He was a prophet of God that day and every time I listen to him since then I have a reconfirmation of that. We are so blessed to have a living prophet. Talks in the Priesthood session were so awesome too so if you were not there listen to them. I loved Elder Bednar's talk on the difference between the calling as a missionary and the assignment of where you labor, as well as Pres. Uchtdorf's talk counseling us that true greatness comes from humility and serving others as we get outside of ourselves and comfort zones. I loved Pres. Eyring's talk on Christ's invitation to walk with Him also. I loved so many things I could go on and on but I want to share one scripture that Pres. Eyring shared that lifted me. It is when the Lord was speaking to Enoch and said,


"Go forth and do as I have commanded thee, and no man shall pierce thee. Open thy mouth, and it shall be filled, and I will give thee utterance, for all flesh is in my hands, and I will do as seemeth me good. Say unto this people: Choose ye this day, to serve the Lord God who made you. Behold my Spirit is upon you, wherefore all thy words will I justify; and the mountains shall flee before you, and the rivers shall turn from their course; and thou shalt abide in me, and I in you; therefore walk with me."

I hope we all choose to walk with Him and ask as did the rich man "what good things shall I do that I may have eternal life?". Then humbly follow the promptings we get. I love you all. Have a great week.

Love,
Elder Davis


No comments:

Post a Comment