Monday, April 10, 2017

Happy Easter!

Before Daniela's baptism with Sister Dimartini, Sister Ence, Sister Costa, Daniela 
Hey!
Hope everyone had a great week.This past week was good for us. It was the last week of the transfer so we were all wondering what was going to happen since I have been here in Jardin Amanda for four months now. Well, I wasn't transferred. But that will allow me to be here to be a witness for Adriano's wedding. I really do love Jardin Amanda - the area, the members, the district, my zone but change is good too. The Lord always know best. I do love the people here, they are so loving, caring and helpful. I am definitely blessed by being here and knowing them.

Zone P-Day
If you remember the last couple weeks I had been doing some interviews and working with some of investigators in the areas of the sisters in my district.  We had been talking with them about some of their questions and concerns.  We were able to help them get their questions answered and they decided to get baptized and asked if I would baptize them. President said it was okay (it is in my district but not my area). So I had the privilege of baptizing Daniela and Edna this past week.
Before Edna's baptism with Sister Silva, Edna & her Family, Sister Ostler
Saw Sister Sousa at the Baptism. She has finished her mission and is going home tomorrow
Like I said this past week was good. We have been visiting Lizoa, which is a girl that we teach English to as well as teach the gospel. She and her family are very receptive. They are also very kind, always giving us dinner or offering to help us in some way. We are working with them to get them reading and praying about the Book of Mormon in a regular way so they can know the truthfulness of it. Lizoa studies a lot and feels she doesn't have time. We trying to help her understand if she makes the time to speak with our Heavenly Father and learn about Him and Christ, there will always be time for everything else. Yesterday she committed to read and pray every day for the next couple days so we will follow up with her tomorrow. We have also been teaching Hector, which is a reference from one of the members (Lucas) and he is super receptive too. He is easy to teach because he is very humble. He recognizes that he does not know everything and God does so he is willing to pray with a sincere heart and real intent. I can feel the desire he has to learn. As we teach him I also learn from him through his example. In some moments we know a little more than others in some things, and then others know more about something else we don't know and in that situation, we should take an opportunity to learn together. Teach and receive. And then most importantly apply what we are learning. That is a challenge sometimes we have and see alot in the mission. We can teach and teach and teach and learn and learn and learn but if we or the people we teach don't end up doing anything with the information then it cannot benefit us or them. We have to use the knowledge we gain to better our lives, just having it is not enough. Its like we do half of the task and then stop. What would happen if we make the batter to a cake using all the right ingredients but then didn't put it in the oven? You think we would experience the sweet sweet smell of the cake and the delicious taste of doing the right thing (making the cake right)? No. We wouldn't. It would just sit there in the pan and eventually go bad/not be worth anything. It's a simple analogy but it is the same thing with us. If we do not apply what we learn and teach, it will never becomes true knowledge or wisdom that you gain through using it. And after time we will forget it. It needs to become a part of us and the way for that to happen is by using it. We need to apply what we learn each day and strive to be the best we can everyday. It is not usually easy to do that, actually it is super hard sometimes. Sometimes doing what is right doesn't always bring approval from everyone, it sometimes will bring opposition. I have experienced that here in the mission. But we can find peace in knowing we are doing what is right. Obedience brings peace and confidence. I like the scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants section 19 that tells us "Learn of me and listen to my words, walk in the meekness of my Spirit and you shall have peace in me". We have to know and then walk with him doing the things we have learned then comes the peace. Taking one step at a time is how we get there. I have an absolute surety that some day, we will return to our Heavenly Father's and Christ's presence and I want to be able to hug them and say with confidence that I tried to do all I could to follow their example. I am so thankful to be in the mission and to be serving my Savior and Redeemer. I have received so many blessings and grown as I have worked to serve the Lord and help others. We always receive more than we give! I am so thankful for the gospel and the blessings it brings into my life. I love the Lord and want to live up to the potential He has given me.
With Elder Ferriera

With Elder Christensen - the other District Leader in the Zone
Yes it is what it looks like. haha
Have a wonderful Easter! I hope we all honor the great gift of the Atonement that the Lord has given us by using the knowledge of the gospel to help us become more like Him every day.

Love you all,
Elder Davis

1 comment:

  1. Beloved in Christ,God loves you and because HE is Truth,he has nothing to do with this religion founded and led by a bunch of liars,hypocrites and occultists. Do a serious research and pray HUMBLY and the LORD JESUS shall reveal to you and HE shall save you with his almighty love... before it is too late. Then,you 'll be filled with the HOLY SPIRIT,who has nothing to do with the spirit behind this LDS bunk;so that you 'll taste and live the difference between the Kingdom of God and the vanity and misery of deception. In God's love and Truth

    ReplyDelete