Monday, September 19, 2016

Prayers are Answered

Elder Davis & Elder Sander

Oi!
Here is the weekly email homies. Like I mentioned in the last email we had transfers this past week.
With Elder Vieira and Ayumi's family before he left
So yeah that was super sweet! My companion changed, my new companion is now Elder Sander. Elder Sander is only 4 and 1/2 months out but seriously is so so so awesome. He is basically fluent, there are a few things he doesn’t know but that is like everyone right? We all are always trying to learn more. He can speak pretty fast so it is really helping me learn how to speak a little faster and adjust to hearing it. It is awesome. I am getting to the point where I feel like I can actually speak the language and people understand it without too much effort sometimes! haha. But seriously I feel like I have learned so much in just a week with him. We have found a lot of people to teach. One day this past week we taught 4 lessons back to back in just a short time. I love working hard and being about the Lord’s work. I am super excited to do and learn more! We have two more families to teach and a lot of others to follow up on after the first lesson so that is awesome. We have been able to get lots of members involved to help us too. We recently started to take members with us contacting and to lessons. That has really helped because as you all know when you know someone in a ward, you feel like you have someone to talk to and that you belong. That is usually a fear of most of our investigators, they don’t want to go to a church where they do not know anyone but if we bring someone to the lessons then they do. We have an investigator that we have invited to become baptized, four actually, they all said yes but we haven’t set the date yet. So that is very exciting! We are getting to know the area a little bit more and we have had a lot of good contacts. We didn’t do too much other than contacting this week since our teaching pool was basically empty but we will have a lot to talk about next week.

At the bus stop...it is a long walk home!
This past week we also went out to Santa Rita, another little city that we cover. It is pretty far from Porto Ferreira so we had to take a long bus ride. We had lunch with a member out there. After lunch she asked us if we could help her with just a few projects so we of course said yes. I had a lot of firsts that day. Haha First time feeding & hosing down pigs (no kidding), first time moving cows, first time feeding goats (they’re crazy) and first time burying a dog that passed away. I love serving others, there is no greater feeling. I uploaded some pictures.






A  "thank you" cake from Joselira

It is getting really hot here. Summer doesn't officially start until December but it is so hot already! For kicks I uploaded a picture of our air conditioning unit! haha It is this ghetto fan that we found in one of the closets here at our house and when you turn it on it bounces all over the place and makes the most horrible noises. We laugh every time we turn it on. So enjoy your air conditioning everyone!

Our air conditioning unit
I have to end it here. Got to go pack, we are going to Piracicaba today. Elder Sanders has to go for a leaders meeting and I will be on exchanges for a day or two in Piracicaba with a new American greenie just out of the CTM. His companion is also a District Leader so he will be at the same meetings as Elder Sander. It’s going to be good couple days for my Portuguese. Going to be fun!

Pirassununga Zone
But I just want to testify to all of you that I know, without a doubt in my heart or my entire being that God hears our prayers. He knows us individually and our challenges. He answered my prayer with the companion that I have now. Elder Sander is a really hard worker and we are striving to do the Lord’s will. We pray together, pray where we should go, what neighborhood, and what streets. I feel the spirit in my life more and I notice the spirit’s promptings with him also. We do great wonders through having faith. So when life gets difficult, we need to keep our heads up, have faith and trust in the Lord. Ask for His help, I know without a doubt that He has a plan for each of us and it will be the best thing for us. So don’t have fear, just have faith!

I love you all! Thank you for your emails, I have really enjoyed reading and responding to them! Take care.

Com Amor,

Elder Davis

3 comments:

  1. Cole, I enjoy reading your blog. You have great stories to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cole, I enjoy reading your blog. You have great stories to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cheryl. Appreciate your support! Hugs to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete