Monday, September 12, 2016

First Baptism & Transfers


The CTM District together again- Elder Davis, Hainsworth,Simmons,Woodward, Christiansen
& Dickson @ the meeting with Elder Anderson

Oi!
Transfers are tomorrow. I found out I am staying in my area and zone, but will have a new trainer. His name is Elder Sander. He is from Uruguay. I am excited to see what is in store. A lot of the missionaries in my zone left so that is sad but hey, we are getting a lot of new missionaries so that will be cool to get to know them!
In Pirassununga
We have been working in Pirassununga (different city/area) for the whole week since Elder Xavier didn’t have a companion. Elder Alves was moved to a different hospital in another area, so we were in a trio for the whole week. The greatest part of this past week... I had my first baptism! On Sunday actually! So that was super cool! I baptized a daughter of a member who had just been reactivated by the missionaries here in Pirassununga. The mom had been less active for a long time, almost 20 years, but now she is back attending church.
Elder Xavier, Eduarda & her mother, ElderDavis & Elder Vieira
 I was kind of surprised when she asked if I could baptize her because I had not taught her the whole time, was only involved just at the end. But I felt honored I could be a part of it. Her name is Maria Eduarda Francisco Pedro and she is a little over 8 years old. It was a really awesome experience! I uploaded some pictures. Since I was not in my area I didn't have my own white clothes so I had to borrow stuff from another missionary. It was a little big but it worked. So no comments on the attire Dad! Haha.  I also got a haircut as you can tell. Also as you can tell it’s not exactly like I like it but you got to roll with it. At least it grows fast!

It was great to see everybody!
Elder Anderson’s talk was amazing! He spoke in Portuguese most of the time but in the end said a
few things in English. He is pretty amazing. He speaks 4 languages fluently, Portuguese, Spanish, French and of course English. He spoke a lot on how to teach like Christ taught. He taught with such power and spirit. I learned a lot. One of the things he said that I loved was, “This mission isn’t a sacrifice, it is a privilege.” That was a wakeup call for me because I sometimes think about the things I think I am sacrificing to be here, when in reality I am being blessed with so much that I could not be blessed with anywhere else. I am thankful for this experience. It brings challenges but many more blessings that I can't get in any other way or place. At the end of the meeting we filmed a video of the entire mission singing the mission song. It is going to go on the LDS website. I think they said they are creating a site where you can go when you get your mission call and look up information about your mission, see a photo of the mission and watch that video. So that was super sweet. Since the whole mission was there I also saw the guys from my CTM district. That was awesome to catch up with them and hear how they're doing. I got a few pictures with them. Also took a picture with some of the Elders who are going home tomorrow. They are cool – they'll be missed. I took some pictures with Pres. Bangerter but I will have to upload those maybe next week.
 Elders going home tomorrow.
Elder Duarte
It was great to see Christensen! Wished we could have played some Basketball!
Elder Silva
The district from the CTM plus one
Glad you got my package. That is hilarious that Dad almost lost it drinking the Caju juice! Dude did I tell you? Pretty nasty stuff right? When people make it for you, you can’t say no but I try to avoid it if at all possible. If I have to take one for the team I make sure to down it in one gulp because it is pretty awful! You do not want to smell or taste it more than you have to. Haha  I absolutely love all the food here in Brazil EXCEPT Caju Juice!


That is pretty much what happened this week! I will update you guys next week on how things are going! Love and miss all of you guys! Take Care and stay close the the Lord!

Com Amor,
Elder Davis




No comments:

Post a Comment