Monday, March 5, 2018

"I am the Bread of Life"

This week was good. It was the week of transfers! So I will be leaving Amizade Sumaré unfortunately...I love the people of this ward and area. It will be tough to leave, it is like leaving family. I have been blessed while serving here by many great examples and people who honestly strive to follow Christ in all they do in their lives. I will miss them. I know there is always a reason for why things happen so I am excited to see what that is in my next area. So guess where I will be going? I will be going to Jardim Amanda 2 in Hortolandia! I spent 6 months in Jardim Amanda 1 Hortolandia as DL. It was the second area of my mission. Now I am going to the area right next to it and the ward I will be in attends in the same building as Jd Amanda 1. It will be super cool to see everyone again and see recent converts! My companion will be Elder Torres. He is from Mexico and is from my group.

Carvalho Family- I love this great family!

With Renato, Gina and their incredible family. I love them!
Paulo & Aline with their kids -another great family of Sumare!
We had a great week teaching this week. We were able to talk with Washington and Andrea! We went there on Thursday and talked about his baptism. He will be baptized this coming Saturday, the 10th. And Andrea will be baptized the 17th. It will be great! I wish I could be here but I am so excited for them! When we were talking about how far he had come and how much he had grown he said that when we had first invited him to be baptized he was scared to talk about it or commit to it. He said it was like when you are a kid and you really want something but you say no anyway just because you are scared to say yes. Then you feel the opportunity has passed you by and you are scared to ask for another and then it just stays in your mind and that is all you can think about - that you let that opportunity go by. But now he is taking the opportunity! He thinks about the gospel all the time and the opportunity to be baptized. He said he goes to work and he is sometimes just sitting there daydreaming. His boss passes by and says "Washington! What are you doing! Are you working?" He responds "Yeah, yeah. I am working. Just sat down to think about my baptism. I want to be baptized, how do you think it will be and when?" hahahaha He is so funny. He thinks about his baptism a lot and the changes and growth in his life he is working toward. He is pretty awesome. I am going to miss him a lot.
With Washington and Andrea
Leandro (one of our recent converts) passed the sacrament this past week (yesterday). He also got a calling as the secretary of the young mens presidency! Its so great to see your recent convert progress and begin to serve the Lord and others. I love seeing him come to church with his white shirt, tie, and everything! He is such an awesome guy too. Its such a great feeling to see them progress. Claudenice is still doing great since her baptism. She is still doing family history and has started attending the addiction program classes so she can begin to help with those with addictions. She also loves to share the gospel and is always doing missionary work and going on splits. She is pretty incredible.
With Leandro and Caroline
We had a ward family night this week! A ward activity called Noite do X. Its night of the x (cheeseburger)! haha We made cheese burgers and had a spiritual thought talking about how Christ is the 'bread' of our lives and the 'living water'. If we follow Him, we will never have hunger or thirst but be satisfied always.
The Awesome ward of Amizade - Sumare

With Paulo, Rodrigo, Ivan and Eduarda

Wonderful members of the Amizade Ward

"But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." John 4:14
"And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. John 6:35

It was Elder Mansell's birthday this past week so He was "King" that day! haha It's the best we can do on a missionary budget.
Sumaré Zone minus one companionship - going to miss this zone. It was Mansell's birthday so the zone gave him pica pau (the Brazilian Woody Woodpecker thing he is holding) because he looks just like the kid Reginaldo on the cartoon!

It was a great time to talk with everyone and feel the spirit as we shared our testimonies of Christ and the blessings that come from following Him. I love this ward and these people. I am thankful for the opportunity to know them. I am grateful for Jesus Christ my Redeemer and Savior. I know He lives and I know that true happiness and joy comes only through partaking of Bread of Life, drinking the Living Water and living as He did. I hope you all have a great week.

Love you all,
Elder Davis


No comments:

Post a Comment