Monday, March 19, 2018

Have Ye Inquired of the Lord?


Some of my favorite people in the world - Adriano and Samara
E aí galera! Been a great week. Today has been busy so I literally have about 5 minutes to write this. Things are great here in Hortolandia. I love being here. Today we were able to go see Adriano and Samara which was super cool. They have been through a lot lately with some pretty serious trials but are so very strong in their faith. They are moving forward and trusting in the Lord. They are still planning on getting sealed soon so that is something for them to look forward to. I am super excited about it. Teaching is going well. We working with a lot of great people right now. Seeing them grow in their faith and make changes is one of the best things I have ever experienced.
Saying our goodbyes to a good friend and missionary - Elder Sander

Elder Torres and I with Sister Sander

Brothers

Dinner with the Sanders
I saw one of my trainers go home last Tuesday - Elder Sander. His parents came from Uruguay to pick him up and then they went to all the areas where he served to meet the people and his old companions. They are great people and it was a privilege to meet them. He is like a brother to me and an eternal friend. Soon it will be me - hard to believe I have about a little over 2 months left. It's coming too fast.
Leadership Council
I want to share a scripture with you from 1Nefi 15:8-11. This is Nefi talking to his brothers who are murmuring because they do not understand the vision their father has shared with them.
"And I said unto them: Have ye inquired of the Lord? And they said unto me: We have not; for the Lord maketh no such thing known unto us. Behold, I said unto them: How is it that ye do not keep the commandments of the Lord? How is it that ye will perish, because of the hardness of your hearts? Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?—If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you."
This is a great scripture that reminds us that we are responsible to seek out the knowledge that we need. Answers do not come without asking and without working to find the truth and the guidance we need from the right source. Spiritual questions deserve spiritual answers from God. We all need those answers in our lives and the answers we need come through Him. If we are not willing to inquire we will not get the answers we need. So the challenge this week is whatever the questions are that you have right now in your life, turn to the scriptures and sincerely talk with your Heavenly Father and ask. I know He will give you an answer as you show faith in Him.
Hope you all have a great week.
Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment