Monday, January 23, 2017

Be of Good Cheer

Bom Dia a todos-

Oh man, where do I start? This past week blew by in a jiffy. It was a challenging week but I am sure glad that this week happened because I had some experiences that I learned a lot from! The mission is definitely a blessing and I see how it is not just for these two years but for my entire life. The challenges really make me stretch and grow but I truly love it.

This past week, our baptism ended up being delayed until next week. Please keep Nelson in your prayers. He ended up having to travel this past weekend for work. It seems Satan always steps in to try to discourage or distract people so they lose focus. But we have an appointment this Wednesday when he gets back. We actually had quite a few challenges this week. But everything will turn out alright.

So my week was a lot of things but to sum it up in a few words – “there is opposition in all things”. Satan is definitely working super hard to try to stop the work of the Lord but like it says in the scriptures, the Lord will overcome. So my spiritual thought this week is the scripture John 16:33

“In the world ye shall have tribulation, but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world”

As we go through hardships we need to remember that and remember that those trials are the things that will bring us greater strength. They are opportunities and blessings not punishments, even though sometimes they do not feel that way. We have to trust in the Lord and keep showing up for the battle! I cannot express completely my love for the Savior and the sacrifice He has made for me. I love Him. I feel like Pres. Gordon B Hinckley when he said,” He is my friend, and my brother”. He is my Savior and Redeemer. I know that to be true and I cannot deny that, now or ever. He will always be the greatest blessing in my life other than my parents. I cannot wait until the day when I will see Him and be able to hug Him and thank him for all He has done for me. I am so grateful for the grace, the mercy, the forgiveness, the light and hope that He has given me in my life. I am grateful for the opportunities that help me become more like Him and hopefully become worthy to live in His presence. This is possible for all of us. We need to keep our eye on that goal, to return to Him and our Heavenly Father with our families. Nothing here on earth can beat that eternal blessing. No greater joy!

I hope all of you are doing well. I want to thank you all for the prayers, emails and endless support. I love you all and am thankful I have you in my life! Have a great week! Trust in the Lord and be of good cheer!

Elder Davis

P.S. Sorry no pictures this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment