Monday, October 3, 2016

Be Right in the Eyes of the Lord




Elder Cifuentes, Davis, Sander & Rangel
Oi-
Hope everyone is doing well. Thanks for writing everyone! I usually get just a few emails each week but today I got about 15 which was awesome. I love the pictures so keep them coming! I love hearing from each one of you and appreciate the individual testimonies and personal thoughts you share. They inspire and strengthen me. Thank you. Warning: picture overload this week. I took a lot of pictures. (That’s for you Mom.)

Last Monday had a churrasco with our zone leaders Elder Xavier and Elder Ferreira. We ate so much meat I thought we were going to go into a food coma! haha  Everyone grills well here - I think they are taught that at birth. haha  Be jealous Dad - it was pretty good!
Grilling the good stuff!

Elder Davis, Ferreira, Sander and Xavier

Elder Ferreira in a food coma! haha

Yes that is jello - you can't get away from it. Even the people of Brazil love it!

In district meeting last week my companheiro and I taught the first lesson and shared different tips on how to teach it more effectively and how to make initial contacts. It went really well and the Lord really helped me to know what to say.
The one and only Elder Sander!
This week we worked a lot with the members. As you all know, the gospel is received and changes people lives when there are members involved and sharing their personal testimonies. It is really more effective than when missionaries who they do not know knock on people’s doors or approach them on the street. There are those who are searching that we find that way but usually it is people who have seen the gospel in someone else’s life or someone setting an example. So everyone try to help the missionaries find those who are searching for Christ and peace in this world. Don’t be afraid to speak up you will only bless their lives by doing so!

On Friday we were at Sister Celano’s visiting with her a bit and she had a little pizza party for us for dinner. She is so good to the missionaries. Pizza here is really different but really good at the same time!

With  Elder Sander & Sis. Bangerter
Last week we also had a multi-zone meeting with Sao Carlos. President Bangerter talked a lot about how to help others when they are afraid to commit or change their lives, when they get right to the point when they want to make a commitment to be baptized and change- then they back out because of fear. That really happens a lot here. We just had that happen with Franciana who we were teaching. She knows what we have taught her is true and had set a baptism date. But yet when it came down to doing it, she said she is not ready to make that commitment to change. I think we all have experienced that in some way in life where we are scared to make that step forward we would rather stay in our comfort zone or what we have done before. There is a reason that faith is the first principle of the gospel. Got to believe and trust in the Lord first. It was a good meeting. I got to see Elder Simmons from my group in the CTM. He is doing well! It is always great to see Pres. and Sister Bangerter. I love them! I love the missionaries I serve with and love serving here in Brazil. And I may have to admit you were right mom, the sister missionaries are kind of the backbone of the mission. They usually work hard, are usually wiser and more mature than us Elders (haha) but know how to have fun and make the mission a better experience for everyone. Saw Elder Alves and he is healthy again which is great.
Sao Carlos and Pirassununga Zones with Pres. & Sis. Bangerter


Loved seeing Elder Simmons from my CTM District
Elder Nascimento

Sister Silva and Sister Mendez

Elder Alves!
Elder Francato

ElderVaila
Elder Costa
Elder Ferreira

Sister Jangers and Sis. Sabino

Surprise picture I found on my camera later from Elder Alves & Cifuentes

Elders Davis, Sander & Xavier
Saturday and Sunday were awesome. Conference was the best! Of course we watched in Portuguese so I got the majority of what was said but I’m downloading the talks in English so I can get it all. I noticed there were a lot of talks about repentance, the Atonement and true worship. I loved when Elder Eyring spoke about the Sabbath Day. We teach this also, and I know from experience as a missionary and before, that people do not recognize the gift that the Sabbath Day is. We will invite people to come to church and they won’t end up coming because they receive an invitation to do something they think is more fun. Let us not take or make invitations to do other things like to have parties, to bbq, play sports, or do anything that doesn’t bring the Lord closer to us and us closer to the Lord. It is a day set apart for HIM, not for us to continue to do what we can do all the rest of the days of the week. I know and testify that your life will be blessed with whatever you need if you keep His Day holy. Let us use the Lords day to show our love to Him, attend church and strengthen ourselves spiritually, serve others, visit people in need, and spread happiness to others lives. That includes doing home teaching, and visiting teaching. It is important and I know that it will bless the lives of those you are doing it for. We all need to give heed to the words of the Prophet and the Apostles. I testify that they speak the words of God. The things we are taught are not said so we can judge others but it is important for us to look at ourselves and make sure we are right in the eyes of the Lord. I love the Savior. I am thankful for His gospel and love.  Love you all. Hope you have a great week.

Com Amor,
Elder Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment