Wednesday, July 27, 2016

One Week Left in the CTM



Elder Davis' District with their teacher Irmao Louza


Oi!

How is it going everybody? I am loving it here! But I only have 6 more days in the CTM! Then I am off to Piracicaba! I know it will be challenging but I am super excited. My companion will most likely be a native speaker so it will be Portuguese 24/7 but that will help me to learn the language so much better than I already know it.


This week has been good! We haven’t really done anything that differs from the normal schedule of every week. Some guys that we became really good friends with, left the CTM yesterday for the mission field, Elder Louza, Elder Bodine, Elder Callhan, and Elder Hair. I  really miss them. They were the best and helped me a lot when I first got here to the CTM. The last three are Americans and Elder Louza is Brazilian. I took pictures that I will send today. We did the traditional “trading of ties” thing where we trade ties with them and write on the back of them so that we could remember each other. I wish them the best as they go into the mission field! It has been awesome to meet so many good people from all over.
Elder Davis with Elders Bodine, Hair,and Callhan
Elder Louza and Elder Davis
Random diversions at night in their room

Sorry you didn’t get those pictures last week. I am not sure what is happening with that. I will try to send them again when I get to Piracicaba. I did get some this week with our instructor/teacher Irmao Louza and the district and a lot of friends I have made here so I will send those today. Don’t worry mom I am taking a lot of pictures haha. I know how you love getting them.

Elder Davis and Irmao Louza


Elder Machado and Elder Davis

Elder Araneda and Elder Davis

Elder Candido and Elder Davis

Elder Davis and Elder Andrade

Elder Silva and Elder Davis
Elder Davis and Elder Vicente

Elder Luzo and Elder Davis
We went street contacting/ proselyting this past Thursday, and I have a pretty funny story to share. So Thursday is apparently a really busy work day here in Brazil. So as we approached people to talk to them we had a lot of people just shrugging us off. There were however, a lot of people that were willing to listen and were interested. It is amazing how you instantly know if they truly want to listen and are ready to do so. I love the people here and cannot wait to teach them but anyway, we felt like we should go talk to this 20-25 year old woman that had just gotten off the bus. So we went to go talk to her. We talked to her about the gospel a little and then introduced the Book of Mormon. When I told her that we had a gift for her and she didn’t have to pay for it (a lot of people here sell stuff on the streets as ´presents´), she spontaneously reacted. She was so excited and said 'A present for me!?' and then proceeded to full on hug me before I could do anything about it haha. She was super friendly and so nice. As we spoke to her about the gospel we could tell that she was ready and looking for something in her life. She was so accepting of it and was so willing to do what she needed to so that she could know of its truth.

Tell everyone thank you for writing. I love getting mail and hearing how everyone is doing! I am sorry that I do not have time to respond to everyone all the time. We only get 40 minutes or so to read our emails and respond so it is not enough time to answer everyone. I am hoping that in Piracicaba there will be a little more time to write people. But please thank everyone for me.

So next week we will take a 2 hour bus ride to get to Piracicaba but here is the thing. Our P-day (the day to email home) here in the CTM is Wednesday and when we get to Piracicaba it is on Monday. I leave Tuesday so I miss both by a day. I think I will be able to email you saying I got there okay but I am not sure. So do not worry if you do not receive anything next week.


Just a quick spiritual thought before I end this email. In Alma 26;27 it says,
“ Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success.”
When our hearts are depressed, when we want to give up and turn back, the Lord will give us success if we have patience with our afflictions and trust in the Lord/rely on Him. So remember don’t stress about what you have on your plate, the Lord will always be there to help you. Don’t give up. Success is closer than you think. Press on and He will bless you. I love and miss you all.



Until next time!

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment