Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Month Mark

Elders Christensen, Davis, Bodine, Hair, Callahan, Woodward, Dickson, Hainsworth & Simmons


Oi!

How is everyone doing? I hope you are all doing well! Everything has been pretty much the same for the past week except for few a cool experiences!

New Roommates
As I said in the last email, our roommates left this past Tuesday and thenWednesday we got new roommates! They are super chill and cool. I took a picture with them at the temple so I will definitely send that to you guys! They are great. They help us learn Portuguese and we help them learn English. We have been helping them learn to pray in English and it is great to see them learn.
For our physical activity every day, we pretty much just play some 3v3 basketball tourneys. One of the times we went out to play there
Elder Davis' District
was a massive dead rat on the court! It was so funny because all the sisters were super grossed out! I have to admit it was pretty disgusting but we just played around it. haha. We pretty much ball up every day. Elder Christensen is a pretty awesome player. He shoots threes like no other and can drive super well. That makes playing against him pretty fun!This past Sunday, our branch president President Sancho told my companion and I that we were going to give talks that day but I told him we were blessing the sacrament so luckily he gave us a 'get out of jail free card' on the talks. So that was sweet. I still get a little nervous about my Portuguese and I was already a little worried about saying the sacrament prayers. I feel my pronunciation is still somewhat bad. So I practiced a lot and prayed fervently for help and things went well.
Elder Dickson and Elder Davis
The words seemed to roll of my tongue, like I was a Brazilian. haha But seriously it is great how the Lord works. Have faith and you will gain a witness of a principle after the trial of your faith.
Pres. Sancho also told me about my new calling. Before this I didn’t have a calling but he called me as the new Zone Leader for our CTM branch! I’m excited! I don’t get to do as much as I would as Zone Leader in the field but I still get to help out with 9 other districts which is about 47 missionaries now and about 70 when I leave. So that will be such a cool experience to have.

That is all that really happened this past week. We are going to go proselyting again this coming week so that is going to be another great experience. I will let you know how it goes! Thanks everyone for writing. I appreciate all the encouragement, testimonies and updates. I wouldn’t send anymore letters to the
The Crew always smiling but never looking the same direction!
CTM though. You should start sending them to the mission home because I leave in 14 days and it takes letters about 11 days to get here. Thanks for the pictures of Raurc. He is such a cute little guy and thanks for all the other family group photos. I wish I could have been at that family BBQ. Aunt Adelle and Uncle Chad are the awesome. We actually eat a lot of meat here too and it is so easy to put on a few pounds so we play basketball in the mornings and workout every night before we go to bed. We do push ups, sit-ups, crunches, planks, and other core stuff - keeps us in shape a bit. Tell Uncle Kent I love him and pray for him always. I hope he feels better soon. I miss his jokes.

Love you all! Hope everyone is continuing to do well!

Love,
Elder Davis


No comments:

Post a Comment