Monday, April 16, 2018

Changes bring Growth

With Mara, Adilson and their daughter in Rio Claro. How I love this family and am grateful for them.
Hope everyone is doing great. This week was good. Being back in Rio Claro I have been able to see a lot of great people that I knew when I was here before and love. I am grateful I was given that opportunity.  I am in Piracicaba to day so was able to check out the futbol stadium for the Piracicaba club and get a jersey.

With Elder Garcia, Dickson and Waters at the Piracicaba XV Stadium

Reppin' Piracicaba
Last week we started out having a family home evening on Monday. We had about 15 investigators come from one neighborhood that we are working in. We are working in a neighborhood called Maria Cristina. All of the people we are teaching in that neighborhood have come from references. We have been trying to be more efficient in our work in our zone as well as the mission. It all started with just one teenage member called Flávio who I told you about last week. He gave us a reference, a guy called Danilo - his nickname is "Sorriso" (smile) because he is always happy hahaha. He is even happier now! We began teaching him and then he invited his two friends to come to church with him as well. And then they gave us names of 10 more references that are family members, friends as well as neighbors that all live in the same street and the street above. All through one youth that was willing to share the gospel with one friend. We were really happy to have this all happen. Now parents, families and friends are listening to our message. It is a testimony strengthening experience that taught us that truly through the small and simple acts of one person much good can happen. Many are now able learn of Christ and come unto Him. One person makes a difference for one and then they pass it on and it ends up blessing many. It has been a great experience. Danilo and Richard were baptized this past week and we are still teaching the rest of their family and friends.

With Danielo before his baptism

With Richard before his baptism

Family and friends of Richard and Danielo after their Baptism
Transfers are this week. I was transferred. I will be going to.....well there isn't really a specific area. President Bangerter called me to be an Assistente Viajante (traveling assistant). So I am here in Piracicaba at the mission office- this is where I am kind of based. But every week I pack up my backpack and am off to a different area. I travel to 4-5 different areas in a transfer to help other missionaries that are having challenges or may need a little extra help. I do not have a regular companion. I become companions with the companionship I am going to help. It will be a great opportunity for me to improve as well as learn with others! I am really grateful for the opportunity that I have to serve the Lord and the people of Brazil. My mission does not feel like a sacrifice to me but it is definitely a privilege. I love my Savior and am grateful for all He has done for me and all the blessings I have received at His hand. I have a testimony that He lives and loves each of us. He knows us and knows what we need and is waiting for us to come unto Him and then step up and live the gospel so He can bless us. I have learned so much these past few transfers and I hope to learn even more continuing forward. Every week will be a new adventure. Thanks for all you do. Love you all!
With Elder Torres at Leadership

With Elder Cifuentes, Sister Pinhero and Sister Jesus at Leadership
Elder Soares' last Leadership Meeting - he's going home this transfer!

With Elder Gonzales at Leadership

#5Weeks Still cannot believe it.

Elder Davis








No comments:

Post a Comment