Monday, November 6, 2017

Breaking Me In


With Elders McAllister, Araujo and Silva athe the Corinthians Stadium


Hey Everyone-
Hope everybody is doing great. I am in Piracicaba today. We have a leadership P-Day today and have to be at a park in about 30 minutes for some activities so this will be short. We are having leadership meetings tomorrow so we will be here in Piracicaba for a few days. My first week in Sumaré has been great but crazy. My companion is Elder Araujo and he is really cool. Elder Costa who was my zone leader when I was a district leader is now in my zone. He goes home in 5 weeks. He is the best and it is awesome to work with him again. Now we have switched roles - kind of funny.
Sumaré Zone
We are trying to build up the teaching list in this area so when I got here we visited ward leadership to try to get some referrals. The Relief Society President has helped us a lot in giving us referrals and some potential investigators. We have also been going through the area book and contacting EVERYBODY. So after a lot of work this past week we have found some great people to teach. We have marked two baptism dates for the end of the month with Raiza and Yasmine. We are also teaching this guy Vitor who is 16 and is pretty cool. He has a sister who is a member but his mom is not. He is really interested and wants to be baptized but his mom is not for it. His sister is 22 so she did not have to get permission. Hopefully the mother will see the change in her daughter and see the blessings that have come to her life by drawing closer to Christ and will want that for her son also. He is already changing alot too and you can see the blessings of the gospel making a difference for him.
With Elder Araujo

Churrasco is os sooo good!
A funny experience this past week. Araujo took me to a house, and told me that this investigator called Renato was very interested in the gospel but that he had many questions. He then told me that he likes to especially ask questions for the new elders coming in the area. So we entered the house and Renato started asking these crazy questions which were pretty tough but luckily I was able to answer them. So after I answered his questions he said he wanted to get baptized but only if he could do it that day. So in my mind I was trying to think fast of how we could make it happen and get his interview done, font filled, etc... Then Elder Araujo and Renato start laughing and told me that Renato is actually a member. They were just breaking me into the area. We all got a good laugh. I love the people here in Brazil. They are always up for a good laugh and have happiness despite tough times.

I want to share with you a bit of my testimony that I know Jesus Christ is our Savior, our Redeemer, our best friend, our brother and the Son of God.I love Him with all my heart. His grace is sufficient for all people. He will always be in our lives to support, love, cherish, safeguard, protect and strengthen but ONLY if you let Him in the door to do that. I know that no one is ever out of reach or too far from the presence of God to return. No one. I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is my Master and I will always serve Him. I am grateful I have this opportunity to be His disciple and be a witness of Him. Always remember the love He has for you and know He has many blessings in store for you as you choose to come to Him.

Love,
Elder Davis

Here are some additional pictures from my last zone Rio Claro that I did not get uploaded before leaving there last week.

With Robert

With the Bishop of Limeira Ward 

Love the members of Limeira!

Last P-day with Elder Cifuentes. He is the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment