Monday, July 24, 2017

Cristo Redentor in Poços de Caldas


With Pres. & Sister Bangerter at the top

Wow. This week was full of miracles. It was a mixture of an awesome P-Day hike as a zone to the Cristo Redentor outside of Poços de Caldas with Pres. and Sister Bangerter, great interviews for baptisms, spiritual experiences with investigators, learning to be humble before the Lord, and the Lord helping us get where we needed to be and get done what we needed to when our schedule was crazy. Lots of blessings this past week. Best way to describe this past week is that it was full of those days when you work so hard that when you get home you fall asleep the instant you sit down. That was EVERY SINGLE DAY this past week. Every day we had appointments for every hour and wow was it crazy. When I say we were running to every appointment, I mean we literally were running like crazy people in the street to our next appointment. We were sprinting hahaha. Not gonna lie we probably looked super funny because it felt awkward but hey we had places to be and people to teach. We met a lot of new people this week and invited them to church. It is so amazing how the Lord works. He makes us think we are somewhere to complete a certain purpose but in the reality, we are there for an entirely other purpose with someone that we don't even know yet but will get to know on the way. So many times that has happened that we have met someone while we were trying to get somewhere and the Lord put them in our path or put us in their path. Its amazing and marvelous knowing that the Lord is showing us tender mercies and His ways which are so much above ours. He is incredible. It is literally impossible that this gospel is not true or that the church is not true. The miracles that happen in our life and the guidance and love we can recognize or receive through the gift of the Holy Ghost is just so real and so.....so.... i don't even know how to describe it. So. Divine. It comes in the exact moment we need it and in the way we will know its Him.
asd
Making the climb as a zone
Group picture at the top with Cristo Rendentor
Coatis - like a raccoon but with a super long nose

On the hike we also saw a lot of monkeys- it reminded me of Costa Rica.

The whole zone on top

At the top reppin' CATA- wearing one of my favorite old high school practice jerseys that I have held on to - the saying on the back relates to all we do everything from soccer to missionary work.
 I had an interview with an investigator this past week and something came up which really surprised me. I have been a LD for awhile so have had a lot of experience in interviews. This time it was obvious that I was going to need more than myself to handle this. I was in the interview and was talking to him and was dligently praying & searching for help of the spirit. I was listening to investigator, but I was also intently listening for the promptings of the Spirit and sure enough, they came. It came in the exact moment I needed it and everything turned out well. The Lord is marvelous. He lets us go to see how we do and if we do our part & show our faith - then He provides the way.
"...I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith.(Ether 12:6)
We need a trial of our faith first then we will receive a testimony or the blessing we are needing if we are listening.
Twinning with Elder Kleinkauff

At the Sisters' baptism. 
Elder Kleinkauff is my new companion and well he is "the man". He started his mission in Porto Ferriera which was my first area too. He came there when I left so Sander was his trainer too. I love him like a brother already and we work great together. He is super awesome and an excellent missionary. I am grateful for him. We working with a lot of people right now. Ademir is one of the people we are teaching and he has set the date of the 19th of August to be baptized. We are happy for him. He has some challenges he is trying to overcome but we are working on it and I am sure the Lord is right on it too. Right beside us in every step.

One last thing I want to share with all of you is something I think about all the time as a missionary and that we all have times when we need to be reminded of it.. The Lord is always on our side. I know in the mission I have felt Him there with me. No matter the day or circumstance He is there every step of the way, helping me teach, helping me carry the burdens of others as well as mine own. He is our Savior and Redeemer. He loves us.He lived a perfect life and will always be our greatest example. I love Him and am so grateful for Him. Draw near to Him and He will draw near to you.

I hope you have a great week.
Elder Davis


No comments:

Post a Comment