Monday, June 26, 2017

His Will


In Mococa
Hey Everyone-
Hope everyone is doing great. This week was not one of the best of the mission but we made it through. We are still working with Jacqueline and she is close to being ready to be baptized. We are excited about that. We went to Mococa B to help the sisters with knocking doors, We also made plans to help Jacqueline get to know more members as we continue teaching her. We are also working with the Ward council and planning a ward missionary activity. As well as transfers were this past week. I am staying in my area with my same companion, Elder Bahia for another transfer (6 weeks). A lot of good missionaries going home this transfer that I will miss.
With Bahia in Mococa

With a member family - Paulo y Paula and their family

With Elders Castro, Kleinkauff and Bahia
Who knew "Preachers of the Asphalt"  World headquarters of Jesus' Bikers was in Sao Joao?
Parade en el centro
I want to share an experience with you that I had this past week. I have been dealing with a difficult challenge and when thinking about it on my own I was struggling with what to do. Honestly I was not feeling very good about it so I prayed about it. After I prayed about it I did not get an instant answer like I wanted, which happens sometimes. So the next morning I prayed again asking the Lord to guide me and let me know what I should do. It was Sunday and as we were taking the sacrament I was praying quietly in my heart to know what to do and I felt and heard the spirit nudging me to move forward and trust in Him. There was no explanation as to why or how but at that moment I knew I needed to submit to whatever the Lord had planned. If it was His will it would be what was best for me. Then the rest of the talks in Sacrament meeting were about prayer, salvation and how it isn't easy and never was. Then the classes in Sunday school were about the Savior and how we cannot consider ourselves greater than Him because He suffered everything for us, as well as sacrificed all. He knows just how we feel. So there was my answer. It came but not as one big lightning bolt or answer but as many small promptings and through many people over time. I think sometimes we miss the answers to our prayers because we are not listening or seeing what is right there in front of us. Or we are not patient enough to keep praying to find the answers. If we ask, we have to listen and we have to be prepared to accept the answer. I am so thankful for my Savior and for His love for me. I am thankful for the answers I receive when pray and then truly listen. Sometimes the answers are not what we want but when we do the Lord's will we have the promise "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and afflictions shall be for a small moment." He loves us. He is there. No need to doubt or worry.

Have a great week!

Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment