Monday, February 6, 2017

Search the Scriptures


Oi-
Short email today. Got a lot going on so I'm going to have to make it quick. I am loving the mission. I cannot explain how happy I was Sunday when we had 11 people a church. We had a long week of hard work to get everyone we are teaching there but the Lord blessed us and they were there! It was great because we even had time to introduce everyone to the members and the ward leaders. Everyone made them feel welcome and that is huge in them progressing. So this past week we did a lot of teaching with Adriano and a two others named Kethlyn and Selena. This next week we will mark a date for their baptisms hopefully. Adriano is studying and always wanting to know more. He even had a dream about being baptized and some other personal spiritual experiences that he shared. He is probably the most prepared and ready investigator I have had yet. I am excited to see him grow and change.

The beginning of this month I started to reread the Book of Mormon again and each time I learn so much. As I read it it brings more peace, strength and understanding to my life. I cannot wait to study the scriptures each morning and I hate to stop once I get started. I can say that through studying the scriptures, personal prayer and pondering, my testimony of Christ has grown so much. I feel His spirit right there as we go out to do His work. In John 5:39 it says,

"Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me."

Earlier in my life scripture reading was kind of a chore sometimes - now I love it. It is a blessing to start my day right with the Lord's words in my mind. It feeds my spirit. I want to testify to you guys that studying the scriptures consistently everyday is something that will change your life. It will bring you closer to Christ, it will direct you in the right path, it will help you feel of the love the Lord has for you and so much more. You really can turn to the scriptures to solve any problem that you are having. So I want to challenge you if you are not studying your scriptures daily to start to study your scriptures each day. Nourish your spirit. And as you read, really try to study it out in your mind, mark what you think is worthy of being marked and then go out there and apply what you learned. And don't forget to share it with a friend. We all need our Savior's spirit in our lives and we have the opportunity to bless our own lives and the lives of others through the scriptures, we need to take advantage of it :)

Have a great week.
Elder Davis
When it is really hot what do you do? Clean the ice out of your freezer and..

make snowballs for a snowball fight! Actually they were pretty hard - pure ice. haha

No comments:

Post a Comment